Monday, October 20, 2008

Pharrell Williams chairs his own exhibition


Is there anything this man can’t do? Not satisfied with producing and remixing chart topping hits for others, mucking about with his own Hip-Hop/R’n’B/Rock band, controlling record label Star Trak and designing Ice Cream and BBC with Nigo, Pharrell now has an exhibition at legendary Paris gallery Emmanuel Perrotin. And oh, did I mention that he also designed his own sunglasses range for Louis Vuitton a while back? Some people just got it all, don’t they? Hopefully I’m better than him at something. I bet I speak better Swedish...

And now he designs furniture. Two of his creations – one with the legs of a lion, the other with human ones - are on display at the mentioned gallery. As you can see, they’re what you would expect; loud, colourful and shiny.Inspired by the Eames chair, they come in different colours and you can choose between a leather or veal skin seat. I’m more of a veal person myself, so I’ll have one of those in yellow please, Pharrell. How much is the postage to Bethnal Green?

www.galerieperrotin.com

No comments: